Friday, October 21, 2016

I *heart* Hamilton

It's musical theater, it's hip-hop, it's history, it's politics, it's American political history, it's historical, it's contemporary, it's moving, it's invigorating, it's motivating, it's compelling. It's Hamilton.

If you've not listened to this show's soundtrack, if you are unfamiliar with this show (read: been living under a rock), you need to crawl out now. It's America at its best, flaws and all. A look at what it took to build this country and who built it, their warts and heroism's fully on display by some of the best talent the theater world has to offer.

You don't like hip-hop, you said? Ok, just wait for Dear Theodosia, or Burn, or Helpless, or Wait for It.

You don't like musical theater, I hear? Ok, listen to My Shot, or the Cabinet Battles, or the opener, Alexander Hamilton, or anything Daveed Diggs "sings". It's got something for everyone.

Someday I want to see this show in a theater. It won't be the original cast, and that'll be difficult I think to see, but the show will be enough. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius and I'm so glad A. Ham reached out, grabbed him and wouldn't let go until his story was told.

I have the honor to be your obedient servant,
T. Teufel

No comments:

Post a Comment