Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The tooth fairy came tonight. M put her little tooth in the same little tooth fairy pillow I used as a child. Only when I had it, I woke up to a quarter...M will wake up to a dollar. Guess inflation hits everywhere. But, it's so fun to continue those little traditions. Like filling the stockings on Christmas Eve. The joy tomorrow morning will rival that of Christmas morning and will warm my heart. And she'll run to stick her new dollar in to her pink piggy bank. This is what parenthood is all about.

Earlier today, however, parenthood was all about dealing with the diva. I have no idea where this diva attitude came from, but it reared its head for sure. She is an only child and today proved it. She wanted to play with the kids at the after school program, but she wanted to play HER game. She wanted to play it HER way. It was HER way or the highway. So, instead she got to hang out with mommy in the kitchen while I washed up the snack dishes. Many tears were shed. Sometimes, this learning to play nicely with others lesson is a toughie.

Mommy is *still* learning that, too, unfortunately. I guess, even though I am reluctant to admit it, she probably comes by it naturally. Apparently, a phone call I had with the young, bubbly city office clerk wasn't as bubbly from my end as she would have liked. So she went to her supervisor that the Chamber of Commerce president was "short" with her on the phone. Never-mind she called me at my place of employment, completely not connected with Chamber duties at all. The supervisor then goes to her supervisor, the mayor, that the Chamber of Commerce president was "short" on the phone. Never-mind I am a volunteer and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it. But, I guess she felt better ratting me out to the mayor that I was "short" on the phone. The rub is, I wasn't even short or rude. I am capable of being short and rude, but today I wasn't.

It sucks being labeled for something I didn't do, when I am so capable of doing and doing it well.

Yeah, my girl comes by some of her traits honestly. It must be in the DNA.

Tomorrow will be a better day....for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment