Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Time spent away

Since I last wrote anything beyond a status update or tweet, I've been blessed to be in three more shows with my FCT friends. Mallory and I have found a community that seems to embrace us with cries of  "You, too!! I thought I was the only one!" These people have become my tribe of like-minded weirdos. My own little island of misfit toys. We oddballs who love to play dress-up, make-believe, sing, dance, and become someone or something else. We've traveled throughout space and time, from 19th century Missouri where we met and befriended a scamp named Tom, to 1940s Cleveland where we learned the true meaning of Christmas (and the glory that is a Red Ryder BB gun), then to a land Far Far Away where we watched freaks find a home and an ogre (and donkey) find true love. We have been blessed, beyond measure, for throughout each of these adventures we acquired the greatest of all the gifts the universe and God have to give, new friends who have become an extended family.

The laughs we've shared!! The stories we will tell each other, "Remember when we danced in the wings during a show?! Yeah, it's on youtube....LOL". 

The songs we will remember forever, "Let your Freak Flag wave, let our Freak Flag fly! Never take it down, never take it down, raise it way up high!", "Ain't life good? Ain't life fine? All our prayers are answered, it just took a little time.", "Somewhere hovering over Indiana, Across the whole state, and straight to ME!". 

The next few posts will be a look back at our time spent on the stage. Some thoughts, some pictures, mainly for me...but for anyone who see's....enjoy the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment