Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More crafty goodness

A while ago I made a present for my sister, who is also a knitter.

I upcycled a Liz Clairborne reverseable skirt into a knitting needle case.

The lack of flash on the first picture does not do the colors justice. I'm much happier with how this one turned out then the first one I made for myself.

Today, I made t-shirt headbands with a rosette detail. The fabric rosettes are all over pinterest, so I gave it a try.

These were fun to make. I think I'll put the larger one, the one on the right, on the lapel of a denim blazer I have, attached with a safety pin.











And the headbands. The glue is tricky,so the first one will be an around-the-house thing. But, they are comfy.

The original can be found here.

I also grabbed a great chicken recipe off Pinterest today. Blackened chicken with cajun spices. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but did do a dry rub, sear it in a cast-iron skillet and baked in the oven. It was great. Even Mal liked it. Although she dipped hers in ranch. But anyway, it's totally worth trying. We'll be sure to have it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment