Monday, April 11, 2011

Music

I love making music. I love playing my clarinet in a band. Call me a nerd, I love it. It's the most rewarding thing I can do, next to being a mom. There is something so simple, so beautiful, about a sustained note, in tune, in unison, with the band that moves a place deep within my soul. It comforts me when I'm feeling down, it gives me a sense of confidence when I otherwise would feel small and insignificant, it rejoices with me when I'm happy...music is essential to my well-being.

The community band I play in, however, may not be in existence much longer. The band, which was started so the college kids would have an ensemble to play in, is losing their director to some budget cuts. I hate budget cuts...especially when they make absolutely no sense. But, that's another blog, another time.

I hope to find another outlet to play in, besides the church group that meets once a month. I have to play. It's cheaper than a therapist. Seriously, it's gonna have to be one or the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment