Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Photo Fun

I've been playing around with some open source photo editing programs, Photoscape and Gimp. I love the Photoscape one more at this point because it offers some really cute icons and things to add to pics. But, Gimp is more...more. I like more, but am having a tough time learning how to use it. Anyway, here are a few things I've done so far. These were all done with Photoscape. More to come, as I play with this. Hopefully it'll come in handy when I get around to digging out the scrapbook I started for Mallory...=)
Christmas Card option 1. Picture of one of our poinsettia's we were given last Christmas. Used a vintage layer to give it an aged appearance, added Christmas icon, and names. I really like this one. I really like the aged look.

Christmas card option 2. Cropped it oval, turned it sepia, added names and found the Merry Christmas in an icon collection that comes with the program. My goal, produce our own "photo" cards this year. *fingers crossed*

I really love this one. Turned it sepia, added an antique vignette and color faded it to the right hand side. Added her name in neat font, shaded it so it was see-through. I LOVE this picture.

Scrapbook page...sort of like this idea, but must remember it'll print out in 4x6 size so maybe not ideal for scrapbooking.

Played with icons and fonts/colors. Slightly retouched the photo, sharpened and saturated the color a bit. It started out much darker.

More photos to come...maybe tomorrow? We'll have to see. Drop me a line if you've stopped by, have any suggestions for a beginner, or like something. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment