Thursday, February 4, 2010

I knew Superman!

SuperTopher, aka Christopher, was a loving, darling little boy, aged 6, who loved all things Superman, and went to fly with God last night. It hurts so much to know he's gone, my heart breaks for his mom and dad, our good friends Cori and Matt. I can't imagine the magnitude of pain they are enduring right now. The ache of arms empty, longing to hold him. The room that stills smells like him. Everywhere they look, emptiness.

Christopher was a special little boy, who endured much in the way of health issues. But he always opened his arms for a hug. My daughter...I don't know what to tell her. I don't know how I'm going to explain to her that her friend is in Heaven with God and Jesus when she thinks that's a place you go when you are an old man or old woman. Christopher was only 2 years older.

My heart breaks for my friends and their enormous loss. For their family and close friends who are also in pain. God, please help to ease their pain. I would be lying if I said I understand why you would see fit to take such a joy from us, but I know you have a plan for all of us. Thank You, God, for giving us Christopher in our lives for the time we had him, for the time we were able to know him and be blessed by his abundant love for those around him. Hold him safe in your arms, God, and we will be comforted. Amen.

Cori & Matt, we love you guys and are here for you should you need anything.

I knew Superman! And he's flying around Heaven right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment