Sunday, January 1, 2017

My granny was born and raised in Virginia. In the mountains of Virginia, I believe. As a result, she had a wonderfully quirky way of speaking. Things like "Wal-Marks", "MonkeyWards" for Montgomery Wards (a now defunct department store) and others. Along with some sayings. One I think I remember hearing her say that has popped into my head often in the last few months is, "The good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise".

The good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise....I will improve my job situation this year. I enjoy what I'm currenly doing, and the hours are great for getting Mallory to dance class, but I need to earn more. It's jus a fact.

The good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise....my Sammy will have a good quality of life, for however long He decides that will be. If that means I sell plasma to buy him a doggie wheelchair, I will. If it means we send him over the Rainbow Bridge, then so be it. But he will have a good life for as long as it lasts.

The good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise....things will improve all around. Job stresses will be managed differently, better. Parenting skills will continue to be honed and improved. I'll lose my shit less often, especially over the small stuff. I'll unplug more and look up from the screen more. I'll worry less about capturing the moments on film (or digital) and just live in them. Take them in. Enjoy them then, not worry about the memory trigger for later.

The good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise....this year will be better all around.

Hi 2017. It's very nice to meet you, finally. I've been waiting for you to show up for about 6 months now. We'll be good together, you and me....the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment