Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Rehearsing is not practicing.

Practicing happens at home. The mantra of our Tom Sawyer directors, Piper and Lynn.

With this particular soundtrack, the practicing is EASY! The show is set in the 1840's, in a small town in (probably) southern Missouri. The music has a lively blue-grass feel, all banjos, bass, guitar. And so very easy to sing along to. Well, let  me rephrase that, so very fun to sing along to.

I've never had "voice" training of any sort, unless you count elementary school music class up to 5th grade, which I don't. And I'm supposed to sing alto. Which means I have to hear the alto line, which I'm finding a struggle. But this music!! Wow, it's fun and catchy!

This is a show you don't want to miss. August 7-10. Tom, Aunt Polly, Becky Thatcher, Judge Thatcher, Huck Finn, and the rest will be lookin' for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment