Saturday, January 28, 2012

Home-made make-up remover wipes

Here is the website from Pinterest for the home-made make-up remover wipes. I found it to be incredibly easy, although a little elbow-grease is needed for cutting the paper towels in half (or maybe just a sharper knife??).  In my product review, you'll find my tweaks and thoughts. Here is the process, though, if you're wanting to try it.

First I cut the roll...

Then, I made the liquid mixture... 4 cups warm water, and 3 squirts of the wash of your choosing. The original calls for coconut oil, which I don't have at this time, so I skipped it.
For my mixture, I used the baby wash and 3 drops of Young Living Essential Oils Lavender.
Then, I forgot to take pictures, so I'll just explain. Splitting the liquid mixture into two parts (2 cups each) into 2 seal-able containers.

Taking the cut rolls, fuzzy side down, submerge them into the water. Squish them down and put the lid on. Turn them upside down to soak up. The original website called for waiting 5 minutes.  After 5 minutes are up, or you feel like they're soaked up, remove the middle cardboard part. It's really easy when its wet.

Yes, it was effective. However, I will be making some slight modifications. 1. I will cut the "recipe" in half. I don't need two containers of wipes. That being said, the wipes are smaller then the store-bought ones, and weaker, so you do use more at one time. 2. If I'm using the cheap paper towels, I'll use less water. They just didn't absorb all the liquid. In order to keep this "cheap", I'll keep using the cheap off brand paper-towels and less water. Overall, I think this is going to be something that can always be tweaked but will be a nice way to save some money on disposable niceties.

This recipe can also be modified for home-made cleaning wipes, substituting the baby wash for a concentrated cleaner of your choosing. I think I'm going to try home-made clorox-type wipes next month with maybe a little bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment